Pages

Friday 1 January 2016

2016 Reading Challenges

Happy New Year everyone!
So, today begins another year of reading ... which books will I read?

Yes, I have decided to do a reading challenge ... or three!

The first is the 2016 Anne of Green Gables Reading Challenge.


The guidelines are:

Guidelines:

  • I’m going to keep it really simple. All you have to do is complete books 1-8 between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016. I’m not setting a schedule, just read at your own pace. Easy, peasy, lemon squeasy!
  • Any format is acceptable (hard copy, e-book, audiobook)
  • Crossovers to other challenges are allowed encouraged, and totally expected ðŸ˜‰

Extras: (Updated)

  • Since there are 12 months and only 8 books, I decided to add two more titles to my list. If you want to do a book a month, that would leave room for 4 additional titles.
I'm planning to read one a month, but I think I'll find it hard not to just read through the whole series at once.
As well as the Anne books, I plan to read:

  • Jane of Lantern Hill
  • Magic for Marigold
  • Kilmeny of the Orchard
  • ? ... The last one I'm not sure of yet, so stay tuned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second challenge is kind of a follow on from 2015. Once again Bethay House is running a reading challenge. I enjoyed it last year, so I thought I'd join in again. One of my sisters was doing it with me last year, and the other one will join me this year.

These are the categories:


I've already got a few ideas for some of these categories, and there will be some cross-overs with at least one of the other reading challenges I'm doing (but probably both)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The final challenge is the 2016 Alphabet Soup Challenge.

I liked the idea of this challenge and thought it would be a fun one to do - a real "challenge" for some letters!

I'll be setting up a page on my blog dedicated to this challenge, which I'll update at I go. I'll also add them to my challenge update posts.
There will be some cross-overs with the other challenges, but that is fun too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't promise regular monthly updates, but I'll do my best to update at often as I can.



No comments: